Helping Customers in Moore and the Surrounding Areas Get Ahead of Roof Problems
We have over 20 years of experience as a family-owned and operated business that cares about our community. We do whatever it takes to go a step above the rest when you need professional Oklahoma City roof inspections. A maintenance inspection is critical before selling and after severe weather to ensure your roof is still strong against the elements. If you’re considering buying a home, we provide free inspections for realtors so that you can prepare for any necessary services before settling on a property.
Prevent costly repairs with preventative roof inspections for your home. Call us today at (405) 251-7295 to schedule a free estimate!
What’s Included in a Roof Inspection?
During a roof inspection, we look for leaks, wear and tear, and clear signs of damage that you may not be able to see from the ground.
For very steep roofs, homes more than two stories, or severely damaged roofs, we utilize drones to assist us in our thorough inspection process.
Our professionals will take a deeper look at any issues found in these inspection categories:
- Structural strength: The drone can help us notice uneven roof planes, a sagging roofline, or a damaged chimney. Discoloration around vents or missing grout indicates a more severe issue for your roof.
- Material lifespan: Missing shingles and damaged flashing needs to be replaced immediately to repair the watertight seal your roof needs to maintain adequate protection. Leaks or other water issues may present as rusty vents and stained shingles.
- Interior well-being: Your attic, interior walls, and ceiling will show the first signs of leaks, including water stains, mold, or rot. If we find pests in your attic, this may indicate a vulnerable area of your roof that needs to be repaired.
- Workmanship: Poor workmanship will increase your chances of leaks or problems. Incorrect installation of flashing around vents or dormers, shiners in the attic, or missing grout sets your roof up for failure. This puts your home at a disadvantage from the start, but A Step Above Roofing is here to help with our reliable roof inspections.
We recommend an annual roof inspection even if you’ve had no recent issues with your materials.
Here are a few other variables to consider when scheduling a roof inspection:
- Severe weather: Hail, wind, and rain can damage your roof in minor ways that can be hard to see from the ground. After a terrible storm, or if you notice any missing shingles or flashing, schedule a roof inspection.
- Roof lifespan: The older your roof is, the more vulnerable it is to damage. Consider a seasonal or biannual inspection to extend the lifespan of your roof if it’s ten years old or more.
- Tree coverage: Trees are a great addition to your landscape, but if they’re taller than your roof, they can damage your roof during a storm. Regular roof inspections and tree maintenance are critical to prevent branches from falling on your roof and creating holes or an ice dam that leads to water damage.
Count on A Step Above Roofing when you need comprehensive roof inspections in Oklahoma City to ensure your home’s safety. We’re here with start to finish solutions and bilingual professionals to help as many people in our community as possible.
Don’t wait for a severe storm to get your roof inspected! Call (405) 251-7295 or fill out our online contact form when you are ready to schedule a free estimate.
Should You Repair Or replace Your Roof?
Determining whether you need to repair or replace your entire roof depends on the extent of the damage and the overall condition of your roofing system. Here are some factors to consider:
Localized Damage: If the damage is confined to a small area, such as a few missing or damaged shingles, it may be possible to repair those specific sections.
Age of the Roof: If your roof is relatively new and the damage is minimal, repairs may be sufficient to extend its lifespan.
Routine Maintenance: Regular maintenance and timely repairs can help address minor issues before they become major problems.
Budget Constraints: If you're on a tight budget and the damage is limited, repairing the affected areas may be a more economical short-term solution.
Extensive Damage: If a large portion of your roof is damaged or if there are widespread issues, a complete replacement might be more cost-effective in the long run.
Age of the Roof: If your roof is reaching the end of its expected lifespan, it may be more practical to invest in a full replacement rather than ongoing repairs.
Multiple Repairs: If you find yourself frequently needing repairs or if the roof has had multiple issues, it may be a sign that the overall integrity of the roof is compromised.
Energy Efficiency: Upgrading to newer, more energy-efficient roofing materials during a replacement can be beneficial in the long term.
Roof Deck Damage: If there are issues with the roof deck or structural integrity, a replacement may be necessary to ensure the stability of the entire roofing system.
Regular roof inspections and maintenance can also help identify issues early, potentially extending the lifespan of your roof.
If you're considering a new roof, don't hesitate to contact our team at A Step Above Roofing. We're well-versed in the latest roofing materials and techniques and can help you choose a roof that's right for your home and budget.
20+ Years of Experience
Start to Finish Solutions for All Projects
Eagle-View Drone Assisted Inspections
Skilled in Storm Restoration
Family Owned & Operated
I would recommend this company to everyone I know.
"They worked hard to make sure there were no nails or trash left in my yard. I love how the roof makes my house looks."- Michellea G.
BEAUTIFUL work, HIGHLY recommend!!
"Our contractor Jesse Bacon made sure all damages from the hail storm was covered by the insurance company."- Gary R.
They completed it in one day.
"Jesse Bacon went above and beyond assisting with getting my roof replaced."- Jaime E.
They truly are a "Step Above" everyone else.
"After contacting over 10 roofing companies I was discouraged."- Nathan G.
CONTACT US USING THE FORM BELOW OR GIVE US A CALL AT (405) 251-7295.